Map Melford Hall
The earliest direct reference to the ivories at Melford Hall is from Sir William Hyde Parker’s unpublished family biography, finished in 1867. There he mentions that the ivory pieces in Melford Hall were taken from the Spanish galleon Santissima Trinidad, which his great grandfather, Admiral Sir Hyde Parker, 5th Bt (1714–1782), captured off of Manila in 1762.
Cite this Page
“Ivory Niño,” Mapping Philippine Material Culture, accessed August 11, 2022, https://philippinestudies.uk/mapping/items/show/4283.